Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't update this safari

download complete but error pops up all the time when installing . What can I do?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Sep 27, 2019 5:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2019 9:58 PM

I reinstalled mac os, and it didn't work. After a few days, I updated safari, and the os started to re-download file and safari upgraded successfully. I think there was a problem with the downloaded file at first. And installing this file always got an error message. And re-download solved this problem. I don't know if there are any ways to force to re-download the update file when this happens again.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2019 9:58 PM in response to xiaoniv

I reinstalled mac os, and it didn't work. After a few days, I updated safari, and the os started to re-download file and safari upgraded successfully. I think there was a problem with the downloaded file at first. And installing this file always got an error message. And re-download solved this problem. I don't know if there are any ways to force to re-download the update file when this happens again.

Can't update this safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.