Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t update my apps with iOS 13 or 13.1

I can’t update my apps unless I shut down my iPhone then restart it (not a power/home reset). Otherwise the circle in the center just spins

iphone 6s+

Posted on Sep 27, 2019 1:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2019 4:22 PM

It’s still broke with the latest update. However I have found a workaround. If I power off my iPhone, then power it back on, most of the time this allows me to update my apps. A reset (home & power buttons) does NOT work. It must be a power off and power on.

if that doesn’t work, do it a 2nd time and that always fixes it.

PLEASE FIX THIS GLITCH WITH iOS 13!!!!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2019 4:22 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

It’s still broke with the latest update. However I have found a workaround. If I power off my iPhone, then power it back on, most of the time this allows me to update my apps. A reset (home & power buttons) does NOT work. It must be a power off and power on.

if that doesn’t work, do it a 2nd time and that always fixes it.

PLEASE FIX THIS GLITCH WITH iOS 13!!!!

Sep 30, 2019 9:37 AM in response to Carmstr3

Good morning Carmstr3,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you updated your iPhone 6s Plus to iOS 13.1 but you can't download or update apps. There was an update to iOS 13.1.1 made on September 27. Try to update your iPhone to the latest iOS version. If the issue persists, take a look at the resource below to help you with this.

If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or other Apple device

Take care.

Sep 30, 2019 10:06 AM in response to Carmstr3

Carmstr3 wrote:

I can’t update my apps unless I shut down my iPhone then restart it (not a power/home reset). Otherwise the circle in the center just spins
iphone 6s+

I'm also seeing that this morning. I tried downloading a new app and that didn't work, either. I checked the Status page and everything is allegedly fine on Apple's end. I'm running iOS 13.1.1.

I can’t update my apps with iOS 13 or 13.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.