Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch - Mickey mouse face

My Mickey Mouse cannot sound when I tap on the Mickey, what has happened?

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 27, 2019 2:00 PM

10 replies

Sep 30, 2019 8:08 PM in response to EMRDRD

watchOS 6.0.1

watchOS 6.0.1 optimizes performance, provides security updates, and contains improvements and bug fixes, including:

• Resolves an issue where the Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse watch face does not speak time
  • Addresses an issue where the calendar complication may not display events
  • Fixes a bug that could result in a loss of display calibration data

For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222 

Oct 8, 2019 7:30 PM in response to TrinleyDorje

My wife and I are both blind and use the VoiceOver screen reader on all our devices. My wife had the current updates for the iPhone and WatchOS and one thing I noticed was that the VoiceOver voice recently changed to an English voice and Minnie Mouse stopped talking after the most recent WatchOS update. After trying many things, I decided to check the language setting under General > Language and Region. We are in Canada, and while the Region was okay since it was set to Canada and the iPhone Language was okay set for English Canada, I decided to try setting the iPhone Language to English U.S.. Well, lo and behold the VoiceOver voice changed back to the proper accent-free, that is, American English lady my wife had always enjoyed, and Minnie Mouse came back speaking as always. I hope this helps.

Apple watch - Mickey mouse face

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.