Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

retrieve deleted voicemails on the iPhone 11

How can I retrieve deleted voicemails on the iPhone 11?

iPhone 11

Posted on Sep 27, 2019 7:58 PM

2 replies

Sep 30, 2019 1:06 PM in response to Moongypsy5

Hello Moongypsy5,

It's my understanding you're looking for information about how to retrieve deleted voicemail messages using your iPhone 11. I know it's not a pleasing situation to be in when you've deleted a voicemail message you end up still needing or wanting. I'm happy to provide you with some steps that might help.

Depending on how your carrier handles deleted voicemail messages, you might be able to still recover them directly from the Voicemail section of the Phone app. To do this you would follow these steps in the iPhone User Guide:

"Play, share, or delete a voicemail message

1. Tap Voicemail, then tap a message.
  2. Do any of the following:

• Play the message: Tap (Play icon)
    • Messages are saved until you delete them or your carrier erases them.
    • Share the message: Tap (Share icon)
    • Delete the message: Tap (Trash icon)

Note: In some regions, deleted messages may be permanently erased by your carrier. Your voice messages may also be deleted if you change your SIM card.

To recover a deleted message, tap Deleted Messages, tap the message, then tap Undelete."

Going forward, as long as your carrier supports visual voicemail, you can save future voicemails to as either notes or voice memos using the steps here: Save and share Visual Voicemail messages on your iPhone. It's a great way to keep your voicemail inbox clear by allowing you to save important voicemails in another place. Also, depending on if/how you're using iCloud, if those voicemail messages are saved as either notes or voice memos they may be included in either iTunes or iCloud backups, or synced across your other Apple devices.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

Oct 22, 2019 1:17 PM in response to rose_10

Hello sarah_s1,

I recently installed iOS 13 and have a few messages under the "Deleted Messages" folder that I accidentally put in there. I can still listen to them, save them to notes, etc., but I cannot "Undelete" them as you mention. This Undelete button has been there in previous updates where you pressed text to perform actions (pressing "Speaker" lets you listen to the voicemail on speakerphone, for example, in earlier software, but in iOS 13 it is a circular blue volume icon), but there is no such option anymore. I am using the same carrier and same phone, so I doubt anything would have changed.

I am using Sprint, so Visual Voicemail is not the issue either. I have also listened to the entirety of the message several times and not once did the options change. Did Apple remove the "Undelete" button entirely in iOS 13?

retrieve deleted voicemails on the iPhone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.