Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Encrypted PDF not opening iOS 13.1

After updating to iOS 13.1 the pay stub encrypted pdf is not opening any more. Work around I downloaded acrobat and it’s ok but it’s not the solution.

Any other remedies??

thanks al

Posted on Sep 27, 2019 8:12 PM

7 replies

Oct 4, 2019 7:20 AM in response to AlanXuereb

I have the same issue. I have googled it multiple times.

• I have tried it on Safari, Chrome, and in email.
  • Iphone 10xmax 512 gig
  • I had noticed this earlier, but I was traveling and assumed it was due to that. I also had so rando 3rd party app installed for pdfs so I deleted that.
  • When I see a PDF in mail, it has a weird icon on it that I do not recognize. I would like the PDF default to be ibooks or adobe. If you find a resolution please share.
  • I have attempted all of the usual fixes: restart hard, restart, close apps, I am not wanting to sign out of icloud, the last time I did that it did not go well for me. The two factor auth was severely impacted. I am still locked out of some of my accounts.

j

Oct 24, 2019 2:13 AM in response to AlanXuereb

Same thing here. On iOS 13.1.3 and still not fixed. If I create a very generic (word only, 8.5" x 11") document, then it works fine. But if I turn that to landscape, I start to see the document being cut off on the side. I have some complex doc (a report with lots of tables and varying sizes of pages) that displays partial pages (almost feel like the rendering engine couldn't read the page size. I have another file with colored table that just couldn't render at all and shows up blank.

My guess is that the decryption corrupts some layout meta data of the PDF file and cause it to render incorrectly. Non-encrypted PDFs works just fine.

Really hoping to find more people with this issue so Apple would take action...

By the way, I downloaded Acrobat app as well, but how do I get my mail app to open the file with Acrobat instead of the built-in PDF reader?

Encrypted PDF not opening iOS 13.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.