Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicate photos -- No option to delete.

Why are so many of my photos duplicated on my iPhone X? I don't have "Keep original" selected. I can delete the original but not the duplicate. There is no delete option for the duplicates. The duplicates also don't show up in iPhoto on my macbook. I have no idea how to clean this up. Help me it's super annoying. I also don't have "delete after import" selected because I prefer to do that manually that way I can keep certain photos on my phone that I want to keep.

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 28, 2019 9:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2019 10:10 AM

The duplicates you are seeing do not seem to be in the camera roll. Have you previously synced photos to your iPhone using iTunes? Photos you sync with iTunes cannot be deleted on the iPhone and they do not show up, when you download photos from the iPhone. To delete synced photos from your iPhone you have to sync again with iTunes and deselect the synced albums in iTunes. Or enable iCloud Photos on the iPhone. iCloud Photos is not compatible with iTunes Photos Syncing and will erase all photos from the iPhone that have been synced with iTunes. Once the iTunes photo have been erased, you can disable iCloud Photos again on the iPhone.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2019 10:10 AM in response to alana1002

The duplicates you are seeing do not seem to be in the camera roll. Have you previously synced photos to your iPhone using iTunes? Photos you sync with iTunes cannot be deleted on the iPhone and they do not show up, when you download photos from the iPhone. To delete synced photos from your iPhone you have to sync again with iTunes and deselect the synced albums in iTunes. Or enable iCloud Photos on the iPhone. iCloud Photos is not compatible with iTunes Photos Syncing and will erase all photos from the iPhone that have been synced with iTunes. Once the iTunes photo have been erased, you can disable iCloud Photos again on the iPhone.

Duplicate photos -- No option to delete.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.