Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB car stereo connection - can’t skip songs

I’ve noticed in iOS 13 when I connect my iPhone to the car via usb when using the skip buttons on the stereo and radio itself the song info will change to the next up song but then after a second switches back so the song is never actually switching. I had no issues on iOS 12

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 28, 2019 2:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2019 7:11 PM

I'm having the same issue with just playlists as well. My steering wheel and radio controls won't let me skip forward or back, but I can fast forward through the song which makes no sense. However, if I shuffle my ENTIRE library, I can skip songs. I too did NOT have the issue in iOS 12.

7 replies

Nov 18, 2019 3:43 AM in response to yummiesttag

I am having the same problem - not sure if its relevant but I have an Audi, I have reported it today and the adviser I spoke to was totally unaware of the issue so everyone who reads this having the same issues really needs to report it. its defiantly an issue with iOS 13 as I have two iPhones, the other is still running IOS 12 and there are no issues. I have found this is only an issue when playing music from a playlist - if you play an album or your full library, the skip function works fine.

USB car stereo connection - can’t skip songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.