Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone opens wrong text message

Yesterday I upgraded my iPhone 7 to IOS 13.1.1

Since the upgrade, when I select “messages” to send a text, my phone always opens the same text string between one particular person and myself no matter how many texts have been exchanged more recently between other people and I.

Prior to the upgrade, it would open to the list of texts beginning with the most recent.....or if I had left a message string open, it would open to that string.

Now, no matter how many people and/or messages have been sent, or even if I was careful to close the string so the list is there, it still reverts back to this one particular string when messages are opened.

Anyone know how to fix this?

iPhone 7

Posted on Sep 29, 2019 11:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2019 6:46 PM

It fixed itself.

Instead of opening the same text string every time Messages is selected, it started opening the most recent text string even if the last screen had been the list of texts.

A few hours later it started acting normally and opens whatever the last screen was.

2 replies

Sep 30, 2019 10:15 AM in response to Den_nis

Guess I spoke too soon. The person whose text string kept opening sent me a text last night. That triggered the same odd behavior where no matter whose text I have opened or the list of texts when I close messages, it reverts back to opening this person’s text string.

I suspect it may be some type of malicious software or something embedded in her phone that’;s causing this. The only thing I could suggest to her is that she clear her history and cookies form her phone., She has an Android phone, not an iPhone.

iPhone opens wrong text message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.