Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone Trade-in

Hi Everyone,

I recently decided to upgrade my Iphone, I decided to trade in my old phone for the new one. I made a payment using credit card, and I was wondering if the trade-in value for my old phone will be applied as credit to my account? Or will Apple be sending Gift Card instead?

-Thanks

iPhone 11

Posted on Sep 29, 2019 12:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2019 4:12 PM

If you buy an iPhone, iPad, Mac, or Apple Watch and pay in full, we’ll apply a credit to your original payment method up to the total purchase price. For any remaining amount, you’ll receive an Apple Store Gift Card via email.

If you buy an iPhone using Apple iPhone Payments and include a trade-in, your estimated trade-in credit will be applied directly to the purchase price of your new iPhone. Once we receive your trade-in device and confirm that the condition matches what you described, there’s nothing more you need to do. If it doesn’t match, your original payment method will be charged the difference in value. In that case, we’ll work with you to confirm that you still want to move forward with the trade-in.

https://www.apple.com/shop/trade-in?afid=p238%7Cs0zC2ff4f-dt_mtid_1870765e38482_pcrid_382066772864_pgrid_80259604234_&cid=aos-us-kwgo-brand--slid---apple+trade+in+program-e-product-

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2019 4:12 PM in response to Johnathan Burger

If you buy an iPhone, iPad, Mac, or Apple Watch and pay in full, we’ll apply a credit to your original payment method up to the total purchase price. For any remaining amount, you’ll receive an Apple Store Gift Card via email.

If you buy an iPhone using Apple iPhone Payments and include a trade-in, your estimated trade-in credit will be applied directly to the purchase price of your new iPhone. Once we receive your trade-in device and confirm that the condition matches what you described, there’s nothing more you need to do. If it doesn’t match, your original payment method will be charged the difference in value. In that case, we’ll work with you to confirm that you still want to move forward with the trade-in.

https://www.apple.com/shop/trade-in?afid=p238%7Cs0zC2ff4f-dt_mtid_1870765e38482_pcrid_382066772864_pgrid_80259604234_&cid=aos-us-kwgo-brand--slid---apple+trade+in+program-e-product-

Sep 29, 2019 12:28 PM in response to noorzod

If you did purchase is through a cell service provider, they do not give you the full credit directly so that they can protect themselves. That way incase you decide to cancel your plan, they will not have provided you with the full credit and also taken a loss on the phone (even though they would black list the IMEI). Most likely a part of the credit will be given to you each month on your bill. But incase you don't have any of the main cell providers (AT&T, Tmobile, etc), I'd check with them to see what their trade in policy was.

Iphone Trade-in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.