Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CarPlay is not working in my 2018 VW after IOS13 update

I have an iPhone Pro Max and it doesn’t work with CarPlay in my 2018 VW. It also will not charge either. My friend has the same phone and it yielded the same result. My wife’s iPhone 8 works in the same port with no issues. Anyone else having problems with this?

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 29, 2019 7:52 PM

7 replies

Nov 8, 2019 7:03 AM in response to pagirlinkent

I have a 2018 Chevy Malibu. And I’ve been experiencing the same issue ever since I got my iPhone 11 Pro on September 20th. My CarPlay worked perfectly fine with my iPhone X, even with the iOS 13 update. Now my iPhone 11 Pro is very intermittent and random of when it works and doesn’t work.

I have had a software update from the dealership, I’ve used an Apple branded cable, and I just recently bought a converter so I could plug the new usb-c cable into my car and even that has not fixed the issue.

This is very frustrating! How can this be resolved?

Nov 23, 2019 1:18 AM in response to bpol90

I'm in the same situation. I have a 2019 Subaru Outback, I had an iphone 8 before I upgraded to the iphone 11 pro max. When I first got the phone, I plugged it in and it worked fine for a couple weeks. Then it suddenly was having some issues, almost like the cable was not connecting correctly all the time. Then it was frequently working improperly and the phone would have to be extremely still or it would not connect properly. So I thought I'd change out the cord. All my Apple cords do not work. I was going to buy an adapter to use the new cord (the phone came with) to plug into the car, but I'm not sure if that will work or not. I contacted Apple support and will set up an engineer appt. soon to send diagnostics. It does not charge. Does not recognize it is plugged in. The phone charges fine in the house with a regular plug. Bluetooth does still work. I updated my cars system, restarted, tried both USB ports, restarted phone, installed upgraded software. Nothing is working.

CarPlay is not working in my 2018 VW after IOS13 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.