Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

accidentally deleted album/songs are somehow deleted in my purchases too?!

Hello there,

I just wanted to delete a specific song on my iPhone, but instead of just that particular song, it deleted the whole album for some reason.

I tried to find it in my library on my phone to redownload it, but it is not there anymore.

So I tried to find it on my Mac but it vanished there from iTunes too.

I then logged in to iTunes store, and selected the “purchases”. This specific album is neither in the “all” section, nor in the “not in my library” section as well.

I thought, well … it’s kind of my fault so I will purchase it again … but if I select it in the store to buy, it says, that I already purchased it and I can’t download it again.

There is no backup on my Mac jet, because I just got it and didn’t download all the songs so far to my hard drive.

Is there another way to recover these deleted songs/album?

Thanks a million,

Mel

iPhone X

Posted on Sep 29, 2019 9:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2019 8:25 AM

Hello meineoderkeine,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand that you are having an issue downloading previously purchased music. I'm happy to help you find some information.

Here is a resource that can assist you:

Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books

Specifically the section on "If you don't see the item that you want to redownload"

If you are still having an issue after reviewing the link, please let me know.

Have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2019 8:25 AM in response to meineoderkeine

Hello meineoderkeine,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand that you are having an issue downloading previously purchased music. I'm happy to help you find some information.

Here is a resource that can assist you:

Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books

Specifically the section on "If you don't see the item that you want to redownload"

If you are still having an issue after reviewing the link, please let me know.

Have a great day!

accidentally deleted album/songs are somehow deleted in my purchases too?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.