Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch 5 A2095 support Jio network in India

I have received Apple Watch 5 A2095 from US and i see that it supports LTE band 3, 5 & 40 basis the updates available on apple site and was curious if cellular model will support Jio network in India as Jio functions on the above 3 bands mentioned

This needs to be confirmed before i open the box

Appreciate quick response

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 30, 2019 4:36 AM

16 replies

Oct 2, 2019 5:56 AM in response to prady007

I can only go by what Apple has stated in their webpage,

https://www.apple.com/watch/cellular

which is that Jio4 uses the A2157.

I am not in a position to take a U.S. Apple Watch A2095 to India and try activating it.

Since you have the opportunity to find that out, then I suggest you get the A2095 activated by Jio4 and report back here on how it went. I'm sure there are a lot of people that would like to know that information.

Sep 30, 2019 3:32 PM in response to Javmia

No. They are different models. The above website lists the models used by every carrier in every country where cellular Apple Watch is supported.

U.S. Apple Watch Series 5

- Model A2094 (40mm)

- Model A2095 (44mm)

India Apple Watch Series 5

- Model A2156 (40mm)

- Model A2157 (44mm)

This came from the above webpage.

Javmia wrote:
I understand that from update on apple site, my question is though apple watch in US support same band as Indian one

Now when you say "Band" are you talking about the radio frequency 'bands' or the watch wrist 'bands'? The wrist bands do not care what radios. You just get a 40mm or 44mm sized wrist band depending on the size of the Apple Watch.

If you are talking about radio frequency bands, it does not matter if there is overlapping radio bands, as no carrier in India is going to put a U.S. Apple Watch on their network.

The iPhone and the Apple Watch share the same phone number and the carrier has to provide an Apple Watch eSIM to share that phone number. You cannot get an eSIM separate from your iPhone. They are linked.

If you get a U.S. cellular Apple Watch you are going to be disappointed when you get to India.

Apple Watch 5 A2095 support Jio network in India

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.