Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

share audio books within in the iCloud family?

How can I share audio books within in the iCloud family? I have tried to access iBooks in my different devices (phone, mac and iPad) and none of them are sycronized. However, what I am trying to do is to buy an audiobook with my apple id in my iPhone and share it with my daughter, who is within my iCloud family, so I do not need to introduce payment access in her iPad.

Posted on Sep 30, 2019 7:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2019 1:05 PM

So audiobooks are a tricky thing as far as sharing goes many publishing companies don't like the idea of their books being bough and shared, but as long as the books are bought from iTunes they should appear in yours and her iBook library. If the only appear in yours and not hers then that particular book or the books publisher doesn't with to allow sharing even within an iCloud family.

That said if you get a library card for your local library, many public libraries have partnered with apps like libby or cloud library, and all you need to do is download the app and sign in with your library card and you have access to ebooks and audiobook for free.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2019 1:05 PM in response to veraloza

So audiobooks are a tricky thing as far as sharing goes many publishing companies don't like the idea of their books being bough and shared, but as long as the books are bought from iTunes they should appear in yours and her iBook library. If the only appear in yours and not hers then that particular book or the books publisher doesn't with to allow sharing even within an iCloud family.

That said if you get a library card for your local library, many public libraries have partnered with apps like libby or cloud library, and all you need to do is download the app and sign in with your library card and you have access to ebooks and audiobook for free.

Oct 2, 2019 12:58 PM in response to veraloza

Hello veraloza,

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you have a question about sharing content using Family Sharing. I'd be happy to provide information about this.

If you're able to share other purchases, except for this audio book, take a look at the "How to see if content is shareable on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch" section of this article: What types of content can I share with my family using purchase sharing?

If you're unable to view or share any content, this article may help: If you don't see your family's shared content.

Take care!

share audio books within in the iCloud family?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.