Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ring tone volume decreases automatically on I-phone 11

I switch to new iPhone 11 and I have set the ringing volume to maximum but when the phone rings it rings at low volume.

Please tell me any solution for this problem.

Posted on Sep 30, 2019 8:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2019 8:00 AM

I also have been having problems with the ring volume. I have the new iPhone 11 and I have deactivated the crazy Attention Aware feature and it has helped some. Now my problem is when connected to my vehicle the volume is once again lowered and when disconnected from the vehicle it remains at dog ear level, the awesome iPhone isn't smart enough to raise the volume. Is there a fix? This is driving my nuts!

My thoughts, why can't the crazy Attention Aware feature be re-programed to be smart enough that when a call is answered the volume is once again raised to normal hearing level?

Why, when disconnected from my vehicle bluetooth the iPhone can't raise the ring volume?

16 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2019 8:00 AM in response to DanielleM182

I also have been having problems with the ring volume. I have the new iPhone 11 and I have deactivated the crazy Attention Aware feature and it has helped some. Now my problem is when connected to my vehicle the volume is once again lowered and when disconnected from the vehicle it remains at dog ear level, the awesome iPhone isn't smart enough to raise the volume. Is there a fix? This is driving my nuts!

My thoughts, why can't the crazy Attention Aware feature be re-programed to be smart enough that when a call is answered the volume is once again raised to normal hearing level?

Why, when disconnected from my vehicle bluetooth the iPhone can't raise the ring volume?

Oct 11, 2019 8:45 AM in response to lobsterghost1

Again, thanks but that isn't the problem either, I have no problem hearing the ringing while connected to my vehicle. I have a HUGE problem hearing my new phone ring after it is disconnected from my vehicle. The iPhone 11 does not turn the RING volume back up once it is disconnected from the vehicle. BTW, I have a 2019 GMC Sierra Denali and the new iPhone 11.

Oct 2, 2019 2:22 PM in response to KOSD

Hey KOSD,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I hear that you're having issues with your ringer volume on your iPhone 11. I'd be happy to look into this.

Is the volume only lowering when you are looking at your device? If so, then take a look at this information About Attention Aware features on your iPhone X or iPad Pro. If Attention Aware is enabled, try turning it off and then testing the ringer again.

If I've misunderstood the issue, please reply back with as much information as possible about what's happening.

Let us know the result.

Cheers!

Oct 11, 2019 9:52 AM in response to lobsterghost1

I too have issue that ringer volume gets set very low when disconnect from car Bluetooth after a trip. iPhone X.

• I have not yet tried increasing ringer volume up high using cars controls, while phone ringing, and then see if phone remembers that high setting after the car trip (which I think you i initially suggested above). But this is not a reasonable solution, or even a workaround in most cases. The cars speaker system is way too powerful (loud) to set in-car ringer volume up very high. The phone should NOT remember the ringer setting of the car system after disconnect from car....instead, it should remember the ringer volume setting you had set on phone before the car trip, and return it to setting after disconnection from car BT. For me, that is what it did before iOS 13.

• Turning off adjust ringer volume with phone buttons in settings does work for me and many others. But this is counterintuitive, and is only a workaround, not a fix. iPhone volume buttons whether set for controlling, or not controlling, ringer volume, should not have anything to do with what the ringer setting is after disconnect from BT in car. In addition, many, me included, much prefer to be able to change ringer volume with the buttons, much faster than doing it in settings. This workaround was not necessary before iOS 13.

Clearly some bug(s) introduced in iOS 13 regarding ringer volume setting being reset to a different and unwanted level. For a lot of people. Impacting all iPhone models that can run iOS 13.

Oct 11, 2019 1:36 PM in response to KOSD

My question is, how are you checking the ringer volume? The reason I am asking this is that the side volume buttons are situational volume buttons and when you press them and see the indicator going up or down, you are not always adjusting the ringer volume. However, you can be sure what your ringer volume is set to by going to

Settings > Sounds & Haptics

and adjust the Ringer and Alerts volume slider there.

In fact, there is a setting there that will force the ringer volume to change with the volume buttons if you would rather adjust it that way.

Another option is to cause your phone to ring and to use the volume buttons to turn the ringtone up while it is ringing.

Oct 29, 2019 2:28 PM in response to KOSD

Checking to see if there's any updates? iOS 13.2 on my XS Max and the ring/alert volume is getting changed when my phone connects to vehicle bluetooth. As soon as my phone connect, I can see the volume HUD on the left side show that the volume has been reduced. When I turn off the vehicle, volume/alert level does NOT return to max. I have change with buttons turned off. What is going on? This is really frustrating.

Oct 30, 2019 7:31 AM in response to athomaszz

I have been having the same problem, obviously, or I wouldn't be here on this post. I have a new 2019 GMC Sierra Denali and a new iPhone 11 with all the latest updates. Through searching other forums I have come to believe the problem lies more with GM than with Apple. Try your phone in a different vehicle to test if the same flaw keeps happening. I would like to suggest that everyone with this problem and driving a GM contact GM with this problem. OnStar informed me that there were not any open problems for this issue. Open a trouble ticket with GM with this issue maybe we can finally get it fixed. I absolutely agree, it is annoying.

Oct 30, 2019 3:49 PM in response to Ty88CA

So I do have a 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss and I noticed it started to happen with my X before I upgraded after I got my truck. I also had a terrible time with my X not connecting to my truck via bluetooth. I finally gave up because I thought it was the phone and decided I'd wait and see how it worked when I upgraded. I have turned off "change volume with buttons" and so far it seems to have maintained the ring volume. However, I would like to be able to use my buttons to adjust the volume for the ringer... Hoping a fix is forthcoming...very frustrating.

Ring tone volume decreases automatically on I-phone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.