Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV comes on, not showing a menu and not showing as device in iTunes or account.

Apple TV comes on, not showing a menu and not showing as device in iTunes or account. Why not?

At first it came on and no menu but it did say Not Support.

Unplugged all , plugged in again. I get a blue light. The Remote shows it one blink. but no signal. It is hooked up HDMI / checked the settings that's correct and checked the plug ins..

Any answers? Besides spend more many and upgrade... Am a newbie and not a geek so go easy if possible. Any help would be good.

Thanks,

Deb

[Email Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 30, 2019 1:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2019 12:14 AM

Unsure why now the flight was any issue at all. Something in the instructions. But, anyway had tried to restart was not getting a signal .. it seemed the remote was working enough to make the light flash. Anyway,

It is working now. I did have to update computer, perhaps that had something to do with it.

I think it was all a little slow in communicating.

Thanks you for the response.

Have a great holiday season!

Deb

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2019 12:14 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Unsure why now the flight was any issue at all. Something in the instructions. But, anyway had tried to restart was not getting a signal .. it seemed the remote was working enough to make the light flash. Anyway,

It is working now. I did have to update computer, perhaps that had something to do with it.

I think it was all a little slow in communicating.

Thanks you for the response.

Have a great holiday season!

Deb

Sep 30, 2019 5:18 PM in response to Thicketof

Please tell us which model Apple TV you have. Use this support document to identify which model it is.

I thought that the status light on the Apple TV is white on 2nd generation or later. Not sure what you mean by blue light.

Showing as a device in iTunes requires power for some models, and requires a USB cable that supports data transfer. [source]

Apple TV comes on, not showing a menu and not showing as device in iTunes or account.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.