Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 Bluetooth issues

i have an iphone 11 running 13.1.2 and i cannot connect it to the JLab earbud Air Icon over bluetooth. The earbuds works on other devices including an ipad pro running ios 13. Is thete an issue with the iphone 11 bluetooth and how do i fix it or did I get a bad device?

Posted on Sep 30, 2019 5:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2019 7:30 PM

Greetings Aukei,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It seems like there is trouble connecting a Bluetooth device to the iPhone. It looks like you have already done some troubleshooting to solve this issue. Even though there is a chance that you've tried these steps already, I would recommend you follow every step and let us know if the issue persists.

If you can't connect a Bluetooth accessory to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Please don't hesitate to let us know if the steps resolved your issue or if you need additional assistance.

Take care.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2019 7:30 PM in response to Aukei

Greetings Aukei,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It seems like there is trouble connecting a Bluetooth device to the iPhone. It looks like you have already done some troubleshooting to solve this issue. Even though there is a chance that you've tried these steps already, I would recommend you follow every step and let us know if the issue persists.

If you can't connect a Bluetooth accessory to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Please don't hesitate to let us know if the steps resolved your issue or if you need additional assistance.

Take care.

Oct 3, 2019 7:46 AM in response to MichelleT18

I have earbuds that are very similar to Jlab ear buds (Nisheng G02) and they pair easily with my MacBook, watch and old iPhone. But my new iPhone 11 Pro Max will not pair with the ear buds. I’ve gone through all the trouble-shooting steps a few times and they still won’t pair. The iPhone 11 is updated to iOS 13.1.2. The iPhone 11 does SEE the “G02-TWS” device, but when I tap to pair it just has a spinning circle for a minute before saying that pairing was unsuccessful.

To rule out a physical problem with the iPhone device 11 itself or the earbuds, I went into an AT&T store and the staff allowed me to try pairing the earbuds with other iPhone 11s. No success. Then I tried pairing the earbuds with non-iPhone 11 phones and it worked great each time.

Since it works with any other device using Bluetooth v5, including my old iPhone 6s running iOS 13.1.2, it must be the something specific to the iPhone 11. Perhaps the implementation of Bluetooth v5 on iPhone 11 within 13.1.2 has a bug?

The only other thing it could be is an earbud firmware issue. But since other earbuds like mine that are running Bluetooth v5 are also having the exact same problem Limited to iPhone 11, I think we can narrow the issue to something that is iPhone 11 specific.

I believe that an update to the iOS can fix it. Until then I can’t use my earbuds with my iPhone 11 pro max.

Oct 8, 2019 10:22 AM in response to Aukei

Just chatted with Apple Advisor with no solutions except to say that there are Bluetooth devices found on their store or something to that effect.

but I have tried these earbuds with an iPhone 11 pro and it’s the same issue.

I definitely agree with everything you said. But the advisors won’t say that. They just keep saying it’s the earbuds.

I sure hope the an iOS fix come soon or I may have to return the phone and get something else

iPhone 11 Bluetooth issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.