Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery life in Watch OS 6

I "upgraded" to Watch OS 6 on my Watch series 4 and instead of reaching the next morning with around 50% battery like I would every day with OS 5, it was completely drained by morning.

I turned off the Noise app in case that was draining the battery and I'm waiting to see if this makes a difference, but I wonder if anyone has found a fix for this.

Thanks

Apple Watch

Posted on Oct 1, 2019 2:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2019 12:24 AM

Thank you again for your assistance.

I'm happy to report that the problem is solved. I waited for 48 hours as you said and saw no improvement. Before contacting Apple Support I decided to try some of the suggestions given in this article: https://www.imore.com/how-to-fix-apple-watch-battery-life-problems

I reset the watch - no improvement

I unpaired it and paired it again from backup - no improvement

I then used the "nuclear solution" and unpaired my watch again and set it up as a new watch. This worked!

I'm now back to being able to charge my watch in the morning and still have around 40% battery the next morning, even using a sleep tracking app.

I hope this information is helpful to someone else as well.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2019 12:24 AM in response to chris_g1

Thank you again for your assistance.

I'm happy to report that the problem is solved. I waited for 48 hours as you said and saw no improvement. Before contacting Apple Support I decided to try some of the suggestions given in this article: https://www.imore.com/how-to-fix-apple-watch-battery-life-problems

I reset the watch - no improvement

I unpaired it and paired it again from backup - no improvement

I then used the "nuclear solution" and unpaired my watch again and set it up as a new watch. This worked!

I'm now back to being able to charge my watch in the morning and still have around 40% battery the next morning, even using a sleep tracking app.

I hope this information is helpful to someone else as well.

Oct 3, 2019 10:05 AM in response to Not exiled

Hi,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! It's my understanding that you are experiencing shorter battery life since updating to watchOS 6. I am happy to help.

Depending on when you upgraded to watchOS 6, there may be a new update available to complete. Please complete any available updates for your Apple Watch Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support, as well as the companion iPhone Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

Once updated, we ask that you use your devices as normal for at least 48 hours after updating. During the first 48 hours after an update, it is normal to see unexpected, quicker battery drain, as the new software settles in by completing general digital housekeeping required for new OS. We also ask that you follow any tips or suggestions for maximizing battery life as discussed here: Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple.

If you continue to experience unexpected battery drain after following those tips, and waiting 48 hours after updating, I would like you to reach out for continued support using this link instead, please: Contact - Official Apple Support.

Thank you for your time!

Battery life in Watch OS 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.