Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I update this iOS without Wi-Fi

How can I update iOS 13 without Wi-Fi

Posted on Oct 1, 2019 7:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2019 7:56 AM

If you have no access to Wi-Fi, the only other option is to connect the iphone to iTunes on a computer and update that way.

See here: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

12 replies

Oct 1, 2019 8:57 AM in response to Phil0124

Phil & Rbry,

I have nothing to teach you here, and it is not my intention to do so, but I would like to explain my recent experience.

About 3 or 4 months ago, I replied to an OP who had asked the same question that appears in this thread. Not having a wifi network available and not even a computer, I suggested having one borrowed from a friend with the latest version of iTunes installed (or asking for help from an Apple Store or AASP). Perhaps my English was, as usual, too poor, but after a couple of days, the OP said, "I found a computer and brought it here to my house (oops), but I can't update the iOS on my iphone".

After making sure that he actually had the latest version of iTunes, that his iPhone was recognized by Itunes, that the computer was authorized, etc., I asked what error he was experiencing, and he didn't seem able to tell me what the problem was. I no longer knew what to suggest, then in the end I managed to extort that he saw a small circle in the upper right corner that kept turning without doing anything.

I hadn't thought of suggesting that even the computer still needed internet access.

Thanks for your patience.

Giulio

How can I update this iOS without Wi-Fi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.