Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backing up messages without two step verification

how Can up back up to icloud messages without two step verification? Its forcing me to use it but I’d rather not

iPhone 6s

Posted on Oct 1, 2019 8:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2019 8:30 AM

I don't believe you need 2FA enabled to back up your device to either iCloud or iTunes. You do need 2FA if you want to use iCloud Syncing for Messages.

Keep all your messages in iCloud - Apple Support

If you use iCloud Syncing for Messages, your messages will not be part of your back up.

5 replies

Oct 1, 2019 8:54 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Would I be able to view them on icloud. If so how? When I go on icloud. Com it’s like a mystery world to me that I really don’t fully understand.

i need to monitor my minor sons texts as he is mixing it up with trouble lately. I got a monitor software but it won’t upload the texts because it says the are not backing up because of 2fa. When I turn it off on his phone the messages backing up is not triggered. Then when I trigger it to be part of the backing up - it kicks me into settings up the 2fa

Backing up messages without two step verification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.