Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where do I find legacy updates for Adobe CS5 (Illustrator) so that it can be compatible with 64 bit MacOS processes?

Since I updated to macOS Mojave my Adobe legacy programs (CS5 Illustrator, CS5 Photoshop etc...) I keep receiving the message that i have to update my programs to make them 64 bit compatible for them to work in the future. I've looked on the Adobe website and the only updates available are the ones for the newest Adobe Applications in the cloud. Does anyone know where I find these or if they even exist?

Posted on Oct 1, 2019 8:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2019 8:35 AM

Adobe Illustrator CS5 has not been supported by Adobe for a very long while. Even if parts of it were possibly 64-bit, it was never made entirely 64-bit, and you should not upgrade macOS beyond Mojave if you expect to continue using the older, non-subscription Adobe applications.

For future solutions, you may want to consider the 64-bit Affinity Designer, or Pixelmator Pro as Illustrator replacements. They are both available without subscription for little money in the Mac App Store, and each vendor site has a free trial for you to explore.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2019 8:35 AM in response to Edzig208

Adobe Illustrator CS5 has not been supported by Adobe for a very long while. Even if parts of it were possibly 64-bit, it was never made entirely 64-bit, and you should not upgrade macOS beyond Mojave if you expect to continue using the older, non-subscription Adobe applications.

For future solutions, you may want to consider the 64-bit Affinity Designer, or Pixelmator Pro as Illustrator replacements. They are both available without subscription for little money in the Mac App Store, and each vendor site has a free trial for you to explore.

Oct 1, 2019 5:49 PM in response to Edzig208

One thing needs to be mentioned. You do NOT have to upgrade to Catalina. You can stay where you are with no ill consequences. If you are running Mojave you will continue to receive security updates for some time to come. The only time you will be forced to use Catalina is if you buy a new Mac after Catalina is released.

Where do I find legacy updates for Adobe CS5 (Illustrator) so that it can be compatible with 64 bit MacOS processes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.