Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X battery exploded

Hello!

I’ve bought an iPhone X 256Gb almost 2 years ago. The phone is still in the warranty that the dealer offered me. Last week, while the phone was on the table, it literally exploded. The display came off the phone almost and appeared 2 green lines from bottom to the top. When I picked up the phone to inspect, it burned my hand and it was still very hot after I turned it off for about 30 minutes.

What should I do?

Thank you!

iPhone X

Posted on Oct 1, 2019 10:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2019 11:25 AM

You should contact Apple and arrange to have the phone evaluated:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

5 replies

Oct 2, 2019 1:45 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

I’ve recieved now an answer from the warranty. They are saying that the phone presents mechanical shocks and because of this is outside of the warranty. The back glass was broken by the courier or by them at the service.

What should I do in this case? I will go to make a complaint at the competent authorities, but with the phone?

Thank you!

Oct 2, 2019 8:00 AM in response to mihnea240

I would not term that an explosion, It looks to me like the battery became swollen when if failed and pushed the screen out. As far as the damage they cited did you have pictures of the back of the iPhone prior to sending it in? If you think the courier broke your iPhone you will need to take that up with the courier service.

iPhone X battery exploded

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.