Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bottoms row of icons keep rearranging themselves after iOS 13.1.2

Updated for the first time last night to 13.1.2. Now, the bottom 4 icons (dock?) keep rearranging themselves in reverse order. I put them back to how I have always had them, then not long after they’ve reversed order again. Thought it was a fluke the first time. But now it’s multiple times.

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Oct 1, 2019 1:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2019 6:56 AM

It was only the 4 apps in the dock. I had originally done a hard reset, and the rearranging still happened. No other apps were affected. After at least two more hard resets, the issue resolved itself.

10 replies

Oct 3, 2019 3:31 PM in response to Jrsodajerk

Hey Jrsodajerk,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that the app in your iPhone dock are not staying when you re-arrange them. I definitely want to make sure you're able to organize your apps as expected, and I'm happy to help.

If you haven't already done so, I recommend restarting your iPhone. You can use the steps for restarting here: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let's also make sure there are no pending app updates. Updating apps in iOS 13 has changed a bit. You can see how to update here: Update apps or use automatic downloads

If those steps don't help, I would like to get a bit more information on what's happening. That way we can get you pointed toward a resolution.

Are you seeing this happen with all apps reverting, or just those in the dock?

Does this happen after any specific event, like a restart, or use of an App?

If you choose different apps for the dock, does the same behavior happen?

Thanks again, and have a great day!

Bottoms row of icons keep rearranging themselves after iOS 13.1.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.