Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues after installing iOS 13.1.2

After installing iOS 13.1.2 on an iPhone XS Max I found that Data Connectivity using Cellular was not working properly and neither were Location Services, despite being turned on.

Example: Uber app would not work since it could not determine my location, Weather app would not work because it could not determine my location, Other apps would not log in (Delta airlines, ESPN, etc..)

Once I connected to WiFi (Hotspot or WiFi Network), the device functioned normally, but not on Cellular.

Any update on when issue this will be corrected? This is very inconvenient for business travelers.

iPhone XS

Posted on Oct 1, 2019 4:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2019 5:15 PM

I think probably you have missed some of the updates released by your carrier.

There are two major Updates in an iPhone / iPad:

1. iOS Update (Optional): Released by Apple Inc basically for improvements, security and bug fixes. Does not affect Data, Calls & SMSs if not updated

1. Carrier Update (Required): Released by your Cellular Service provider (Carrier Update), affects your Outgoing / Incoming calls, SMS, Data etc..

How to Update Carrier Settings

You can manually check for and install a carrier settings update with these steps: Make sure your device is connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network. Tap Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you'll see an option to update your carrier settings.

Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

How to update iOS

Go to Settings > General > Software Update > Automatic Updates, then turn off AutomaticUpdates. At any time, you can check for and install software updates. Go to Settings > General > Software Update. The screen shows the currently installed version of iOS and whether an update is available.

Update iOS software on iPhone - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2019 5:15 PM in response to GBGT

I think probably you have missed some of the updates released by your carrier.

There are two major Updates in an iPhone / iPad:

1. iOS Update (Optional): Released by Apple Inc basically for improvements, security and bug fixes. Does not affect Data, Calls & SMSs if not updated

1. Carrier Update (Required): Released by your Cellular Service provider (Carrier Update), affects your Outgoing / Incoming calls, SMS, Data etc..

How to Update Carrier Settings

You can manually check for and install a carrier settings update with these steps: Make sure your device is connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network. Tap Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you'll see an option to update your carrier settings.

Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

How to update iOS

Go to Settings > General > Software Update > Automatic Updates, then turn off AutomaticUpdates. At any time, you can check for and install software updates. Go to Settings > General > Software Update. The screen shows the currently installed version of iOS and whether an update is available.

Update iOS software on iPhone - Apple Support

Issues after installing iOS 13.1.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.