Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting computer

Hello,

I am trying to connect my new computer to iTunes however it says it needs to be authorized.

Posted on Oct 1, 2019 5:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2019 6:32 PM

Authorize your computer in iTunes

Learn how to authorize your computer in iTunes before you use it to sync or play content that you download from the iTunes Store.

When you authorize your Mac or PC, you give it permission to access your apps, audiobooks, books, music, movies, and other content.

You can authorize up to 5 computers, which means that you can play your content on 5 different computers.

You can authorize a computer only through iTunes on that particular computer.

You can't authorize a computer from another computer or from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201251

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2019 6:32 PM in response to Rmbft1003

Authorize your computer in iTunes

Learn how to authorize your computer in iTunes before you use it to sync or play content that you download from the iTunes Store.

When you authorize your Mac or PC, you give it permission to access your apps, audiobooks, books, music, movies, and other content.

You can authorize up to 5 computers, which means that you can play your content on 5 different computers.

You can authorize a computer only through iTunes on that particular computer.

You can't authorize a computer from another computer or from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201251

Oct 1, 2019 6:51 PM in response to Rmbft1003

Rmbft1003 Said:

"I am trying to connect my new computer to iTunes however it says it needs to be authorized."

-------

Perform this through iTunes on your computer (Mac or PC). Authorize your computer, and then verify that it your computer is listed. Be certain you have the updated to the latest version of iTunes. Note that you must be in an allowable location to access and authorize your device. So, if you are not in the correct location, then you cannot not access your Apple Account nor iTunes, therefore not authorize your device.

So, contact Apple if these 8 steps are of no success. (See Below).

Go Here: How to authorize a Mac or PC

1. Open: iTunes
  2. Go To: Account menu
  3. Select: Authorizations...
  4. Select: Authorize This Computer
  5. Enter: Username
  6. Enter: Password
  7. Complete: Login Process
  8. View: your associated devices on a Mac or PC

As mentioned above, if you are Unable to Associate this Device, Contact Apple.

Apple Contact Info:

Connecting computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.