Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

“Updating iCloud settings” forever

I tried setting up my new iPhone 11 Pro (using automatic setup with my old iPhone nearby) and it has now been on a blank screen with the words “Updating iCloud settings...” with the thinking icon for the last 15 hours. There’s nothing I can do to get out of it — for instance the phone won’t turn off. What should I do?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Oct 2, 2019 4:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2019 8:33 AM

Hello nattyover,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! We're glad you're here and I'd like to help as much as I can, so you can enjoy your new iPhone 11 Pro.

If your iPhone is still not responding, you'll want to do a forced restart following the steps for your iPhone model shown here:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen

Once your iPhone turns back on, verify if you're up to date with iOS 13.1.2, as there are some bug fixes included. You can check at Settings > General > About > Version.

If you need to update, follow these steps to create an updated iCloud or iTunes backup: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Then update your iPhone: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Hopefully these steps will get you up and running again with your awesome new iPhone 11 Pro.

Enjoy your day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2019 8:33 AM in response to nattyover

Hello nattyover,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! We're glad you're here and I'd like to help as much as I can, so you can enjoy your new iPhone 11 Pro.

If your iPhone is still not responding, you'll want to do a forced restart following the steps for your iPhone model shown here:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen

Once your iPhone turns back on, verify if you're up to date with iOS 13.1.2, as there are some bug fixes included. You can check at Settings > General > About > Version.

If you need to update, follow these steps to create an updated iCloud or iTunes backup: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Then update your iPhone: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Hopefully these steps will get you up and running again with your awesome new iPhone 11 Pro.

Enjoy your day!

“Updating iCloud settings” forever

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.