Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updated my iPad Air 2 again with 13.1.2 and now it’s stuck on a screen that says update was successful.

My iPad Air 2 has not been working since the initial update on Sunday Sept 29. Over the course of three and a half days, the iPad would go in and out of different functions but never fully usable. Then another update was pushed through (I can't access my iPad's settings due to software problems) and it is just sitting on the "You have updated successfully, just need to do a few more things" page. from this page nothing good happens. Still doesn't function. What now?

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Oct 2, 2019 5:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2019 9:52 AM

Try the steps in here. Ignore the forced restart.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

5 replies

Oct 3, 2019 5:02 AM in response to Demo

Thanks. That did it. iPad Air 2 is up and running. I did have to do the restore from iTunes on my computer. Good thing I had back up on 🤓

I am too afraid to update my iPhone SE though 🥺 I’ll give it a couple of days to recover from iPad experience and go at it with new information and a way to cope if this goes bad on my iPhone. I depend on my phone more than my iPad but still. . . I’d like Apple to be more reasonable about the updates they provide.

Oct 3, 2019 5:19 AM in response to MacNomadic

I’m glad that it all worked out for you.

I had an iPod Touch update go bad on me on iOS 7, if memory serves me correctly. I had to restore it using iTunes. I always have a backup for iTunes for all of my devices. Restoring was painless and it went fine.

I rely on my iPad much more than my iPhone XR, but I am always more cautious with the phone because I need that to make phone calls. Can’t do that with my iPad so I update my iPad first, see how it goes and then update the phone.

Updated my iPad Air 2 again with 13.1.2 and now it’s stuck on a screen that says update was successful.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.