Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Workout calories not equal to move ring

Kinda hard to explain this issue but here I go. Since updating my phone and watch to the most up to date software (iOS 13 and WatchOS 6) I have noticed that if you total my calories up from each workout it is more than what my watch is showing for my total move calories. For example, last Saturday I burned 2,073 calories on a bike ride, 486 calories in a lifting session, and then 170 calories while on an outdoor walk. These on their own add up to 2,729 calories, however my move ring showed 2,651 calories. Usually I get another 300-400 a day from just general movement (i.e. walking at work, basic movements, etc).

Has anyone else seen the math not adding up since updating? I know this isn't a huge issue, just found it a bit off

Apple Watch

Posted on Oct 2, 2019 6:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2019 6:52 AM

You may need to recalibrate your Watch. Also, you might try a reset by pressing in the crown and side button until you see the Apple logo, then release both.

1 reply

Workout calories not equal to move ring

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.