Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to view HTML local file on IPAD

Hi,

How can I view my offline/local Html file on IPAD? I used to use html reader apps before (such as documents by readdle), but nothing works anymore. In need for urgent help please.

iPad (5th gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on Oct 2, 2019 7:36 AM

Similar questions

13 replies

Oct 2, 2019 12:04 PM in response to Phil0124

I have it saved in many locations to try to launch it.

1. in files. When i click on the html file, it shows a preview ( with an empty white page) since this step is not calling any links (js, css, etc) i tried to tap and hold to see if i can open it with safari also no luck, and i did some research about it. It says that you can not open html with safari or any other browser on ipad cause it will not call the links in the folder.
  2. I tried to open it in dropbox also. Again it shows a white empty page.
  3. I tried to launch it directly after downloading the file from we transfer (i sent it to myself) also no option to launch it. It only gives u the option to save it.
  4. I used to save it to files, icloud or dropbox. I previously downloaded an app called documents by readdle. Locate the file. When i used to click on it it used to work perfectly fine. Within the app itself. No browser needed. But suddenly after updating the app all the html folders i have stopped working.
  5. I also tried documents pro app: no luck
  6. goodreader app: it opens the file but freezes and the app stops responding after.
  7. I also didn’t find a way from safari to locate a specific file and open it.

so i reached the i “give up” phase. And i am searching for help 😅

Oct 2, 2019 10:57 PM in response to VikingOSX

I tried all the HTML files I have.

They are exported from Abode Captivate. They include some videos, photos, clickable boxes. Simply interactive videos but in the form of HTML5. I am not a developer really. I do e-learnings, I tried to figure it out and did so many researches about it, just to make sure the problem is not from captivate itself. I found out that the I-devices can not run HTML files on their browsers (they lose their links). And since all the files work just fine on Desktops/laptops (MAC, & even windows), then the problem is: to figure out how to make it work on an IPAD or even IPHONE, even if through an app.

I always need to check all the files i export before submitting them to my clients, to make sure they are bug-free. Most of the files are to be used by my clients on their tablets/IPADs.

How to view HTML local file on IPAD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.