Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I upgrade to Mojave from Sierra ?

I have an older IMac, now using Sierra 10.13.6, can this be upgraded to Mojave ?

Posted on Oct 2, 2019 8:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2019 8:05 AM

If you met the system requirements:

macOS Mojave - Technical Specifications

4 replies

Oct 2, 2019 9:24 AM in response to tomfromridgetown

I have an older IMac,

"Older" doesn't help us help you. If you cannot find your upgrade path using the link macjack kindly posted, please do "About this Mac" from your Apple menu (left end of menubar) and tell us what the resulting window shows for "Sub-model." Also tell us how much RAM/Memory it shows installed. Some models may need more RAM for later OS versions.

"About this Mac" window:

Oct 2, 2019 2:53 PM in response to Allan Jones

Right now my mind is full of, you wonderful Mac people, always and ever helpful and that include those workers on chat. I looked at a 2019 model, almost the same as what I have but so much newer. I am off to the UK, four or five nights in England them hame to "Dear Auld" for fifteen nights. Have checked finances, am 81 years old, can pay for my trip, buy the new IMac and have enough left over for my cremation.....I admit to being a dunce but I have used Macs since my wife, ex-wife, bout a 2002 model, the purple one and I do seem to get more use out of anything made by apple than many of my children and grandchildren get from the non apple computer users.

I am really pleased to have been directed here.....

Can I upgrade to Mojave from Sierra ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.