Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I backup an iPhone 7?

I am going to upgrade to a newer iPhone. How do I back up my iPhone 7? All I want to do is a back up. I want to be sure that when I put the information into my new iPhone that music from my apple music service, or Photos on iCloud won't be on the new iPhone 8. What do I do to make sure these aren't downloaded with the contents of my iPhone 7 after I do the back up?

Andrew

Thanks!

iPhone 7

Posted on Oct 2, 2019 10:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2019 10:17 AM

Well first of all, here are the instructions on backing up an iPhone - How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support.

I'm a little confused though. Do you want the information on your new device that was backed up or not? If yes, then when you set up the new phone you'll sign in with your Apple ID and select to restore the backup. If no, then you'll set it up as a new device.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2019 10:17 AM in response to karlssongunvor

Well first of all, here are the instructions on backing up an iPhone - How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support.

I'm a little confused though. Do you want the information on your new device that was backed up or not? If yes, then when you set up the new phone you'll sign in with your Apple ID and select to restore the backup. If no, then you'll set it up as a new device.

How do I backup an iPhone 7?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.