Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV not available in app store?

Based on the details for the Apple TV on Apple's website, the Apple TV app should be available for the Mac. However, when I search the App Store, it doesn't seem to be. Does it depend on the model?

MacBook Air

Posted on Oct 2, 2019 3:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2019 3:53 PM

It is included in the macOS Catalina release that is scheduled for sometime this month. See: macOS Catalina - Features - Apple

I think they got a few days or weeks ahead of themselves with the following statement from Apple TV app - Apple

The Apple TV app is here. And soon, everywhere.

If you have an iPhone, iPad, Mac, or Apple TV, you already have the Apple TV app — the ultimate way to watch Apple TV+. You’ll also find the Apple TV app on select Samsung smart TVs. And in the future, we’ll be bringing the Apple TV experience to even more smart TVs, streaming boxes, and streaming sticks.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2019 3:53 PM in response to ttb8888

It is included in the macOS Catalina release that is scheduled for sometime this month. See: macOS Catalina - Features - Apple

I think they got a few days or weeks ahead of themselves with the following statement from Apple TV app - Apple

The Apple TV app is here. And soon, everywhere.

If you have an iPhone, iPad, Mac, or Apple TV, you already have the Apple TV app — the ultimate way to watch Apple TV+. You’ll also find the Apple TV app on select Samsung smart TVs. And in the future, we’ll be bringing the Apple TV experience to even more smart TVs, streaming boxes, and streaming sticks.

Apple TV not available in app store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.