Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cursor positioning

How do I get back the option to have the precise cursor positioning to correct a single mistype letter in text. After the recent update the feature is gone

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Oct 3, 2019 8:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2019 1:12 AM

This Cursor thing is terrible!

Every time I want to make a correction I have to delete the whole word...

Cannot position it in any application anymore...

Cursor jumps everywhere except where I want it, only at the beginning or the end of a word!

This is unworkable!!!!

5 replies

Oct 24, 2019 11:52 AM in response to lobsterghost1

Project Manager missed the boat by a W-I-D-E margin on this update.

Your response was a solution in the past. Precise cursor positioning is extremely trying & frustrating across the board, even as I note these concerns. When editing, trying to position cursor within a word more often results in:

1) the cursor jumping before and adjacent to first letter or after and adjacent to final letter of word OR

2) selects/highlights ENTIRE word

3) in NOTE app, when editing near a link, including lines above or below link, the link gets activated and phone automatically migrates to Safari 😫 ugh!

I waste more time trying to position to edit vs deleting and retyping entire word. Similarly when trying to select text within Safari articles the same phenomena occurs. Makes me wanna throw up my hands and holler.

I’m a coder. Our goal is to ensure computers perform functions accurately and efficiently, as few key strokes as possible. Period. User-friendly.

Cursor positioning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.