Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Classic won't sync with iTunes (2019)

I realise several people have had this problem but I'm hoping there really is a fix available now. There is nothing wrong with the iPod so please don't suggest all the usual checks/reboot/reformat etc...

iTunes recognises the iPod and it seems to sync with it. I can select the iPod from iTunes and see the music on it (and play it), BUT when I disconnect it, the iPod is showing "No Music".

If I use Disk Utilities on the iMac with the iPod connected I can see that there is nothing showing on the iPod under "music" but it is showing data stored under "other" (There is nothing else stored on the iPod)

I am thinking that maybe the latest version of iTunes stores music on the iPod in such a way that the software running on the iPod can't recognise it or iTunes puts it somewhere it can't find it?

The other thing is that if I try to "Restore iPod" from iTunes, it fails ("could not be restored") and reports an unknown error 1430 - plus when you select "more info" just leads to "The page you are looking for cannot be found" on Apple website!

Any of that make any sense, and anyone have any ideas please?

iPod Classic

Posted on Oct 4, 2019 8:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2019 5:26 PM

Hello Roysiboysie!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re seeing iTunes error 1430 when you are trying to restore your iPod Classic. You can check out this article for a link that will take you to the troubleshooting steps you’ll need to follow to resolve iTunes error 1430: Find an iTunes error code.

Cheers

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2019 5:26 PM in response to Roysiboysie

Hello Roysiboysie!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re seeing iTunes error 1430 when you are trying to restore your iPod Classic. You can check out this article for a link that will take you to the troubleshooting steps you’ll need to follow to resolve iTunes error 1430: Find an iTunes error code.

Cheers

Oct 7, 2019 4:44 AM in response to chuck_3rd

Thanks for the suggestion Alex_h1 but none of the suggestions under error 1430 helped (the last suggestion is to go into disk mode and try restoring from itunes - this is exactly what I did when I got the 1430 error in the first place).

Does anyone know the answer to the question: Does the latest version of iTunes work with an iPod Classic or not?

iPod Classic won't sync with iTunes (2019)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.