Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wiki page -- create link in table cell

Is there a way to configure the wikiserver so that there are more options within the interface for editing a table on a page? With our current configuration there is no way to add a link within a table cell unless you edit the html. On all previous wikis I've used (such as PBWorks) I've set up tables and invited users to fill in content, including links. I really need this to work on the new wikiserver before I decide to migrate content.

Macbook (2008), Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Jul 15, 2010 8:06 AM

6 replies

Sep 21, 2011 9:34 PM in response to lgale

There's a simple work-around to disable Apple's table editor:

1. Create a table the way you normally would and add content
  2. Switch to HTML mode (the "<>" icon)
  3. Find this code: <table class="data __useTableEditor">
  4. Change it to: <table class="data">
  5. Switch back to normal mode

You can now do anything you want within the table without the table editor popping up.

Nov 12, 2012 9:02 PM in response to lgale

I know this thread is old, but there is an easier way to get formatting into tables in 10.6 Wiki. Click on or near the right edge of the table in the Wiki editor view (not the table editor view). If you've done it right, rather than popping up the table editor, you should see draggable vertices appear around the table and an insertion point blinking near where you clicked. You can now use the arrow keys to navigate around the table to the entry you want to add the link or image or attachment to.

Sometimes it helps to first place a few characters in the cell you want to format. As long as you don't click on the table or anywhere in the text field, you can continue to edit the formatting. So for example, to add bold text, you would navigate to the correct cell using the arrow keys, delete the existing text, select Bold in the toolbar, and then enter the text you want in bold.

wiki page -- create link in table cell

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.