Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don't want to have to unlock my apple watch with a passcode. I've stumbled upon the problem that if i want to add in my credit cards for apple pay, i have to have a passcode to even open my apple watch. Is there a way to bypass this?

Is there a way to bypass having to add a passcode to "open" my watch to use all the features and apple pay? I have realized after adding my credit cards, the watch prompts me to add a passcode for security purposes. But, in doing this now every time i want to open my watch, i have to add the 4 digit passcode. If i take off the credit cards. I dont have to have a passcode.

Is there a way i can have both with no passcode? My purpose of having the watch is so i can be quick and nibble. :)

Apple Watch

Posted on Oct 4, 2019 9:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2019 9:47 AM

You don't have to enter a passcode every timer you look at the watch if you have Wrist Detection enabled.

In the Watch app, go under Passcode>Wrist Detection and turn it on.

You'll only need to enter the passcode when you put the watch back on after you've had it off.

3 replies

I don't want to have to unlock my apple watch with a passcode. I've stumbled upon the problem that if i want to add in my credit cards for apple pay, i have to have a passcode to even open my apple watch. Is there a way to bypass this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.