Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Mail in iOS 13

The new text edit functions of iPad Mail under iOS 13 seem deeply flawed to me. When I tap on the text now, it selects a word instead of inserting an edit point. Getting an edit point is difficult. And, once you get it, the familiar magnifying glass is gone, so moving it around is harder too. Is this a problem for anyone else?

I’m not sure I like the new reply button and popup at the bottom of the screen, but change is always difficult and I may get used to it.

Posted on Oct 4, 2019 10:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2019 10:15 AM

Hello,

iPadOS 13 handles the cursor in a different way. Instead of holding down on a word to display the magnifier, you now pick up the cursor and place it where you would like.

You can also use iPad's trackpad feature. Touch the on-screen keyboard with 2 fingers and pan your fingers around. This will now position the cursor like a trackpad. If you double-tap with 2 fingers the trackpad will enter text selection mode.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2019 10:15 AM in response to Bryan Mumford

Hello,

iPadOS 13 handles the cursor in a different way. Instead of holding down on a word to display the magnifier, you now pick up the cursor and place it where you would like.

You can also use iPad's trackpad feature. Touch the on-screen keyboard with 2 fingers and pan your fingers around. This will now position the cursor like a trackpad. If you double-tap with 2 fingers the trackpad will enter text selection mode.

iPad Mail in iOS 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.