Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have forgotten my administrator password for my imac. It is running OSX Mohave 10.14I went to the apple site but it wouldn't accept my credentials. How can I reset my password.

I have forgotten my administrator password for my imac. It is running OSX Mohave 10.14 I went to the apple site but it wouldn't accept my credentials. How can I reset my password.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Oct 4, 2019 1:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2019 1:05 PM

If none of these work, you can create a new admin user and change it from that account.

Change or reset the password of a macOS user account - Apple Support

Create a new admin account.

No matter how you do it, if you reset the password from outside the account, you will lock out your keychain and have to create a new one. See the section in the password reset article for creating a new keychain.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2019 1:05 PM in response to Ligon

If none of these work, you can create a new admin user and change it from that account.

Change or reset the password of a macOS user account - Apple Support

Create a new admin account.

No matter how you do it, if you reset the password from outside the account, you will lock out your keychain and have to create a new one. See the section in the password reset article for creating a new keychain.

I have forgotten my administrator password for my imac. It is running OSX Mohave 10.14I went to the apple site but it wouldn't accept my credentials. How can I reset my password.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.