Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV icon gone in iPadOS 13

How do I get back the Apple TV icon in iPasOS 13? I have purchased movies there. I only have iPads, no Apple TV device.

Yes, I have gone to the App Store. It is there and will allow me to Open the app, but not install as if it is installed... but no icon any where to be found.

I want it back! PLEASE!

using ipad 6th gen

ios 13.1.2

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Oct 4, 2019 8:56 PM

9 replies

Oct 5, 2019 10:24 AM in response to JustPractical

I just turned on "Deleting Apps Allowed" and the Apple TV app APPEARED. All of my movie downloads are gone. The purchases are still in itunes, though. I have just spent 3 hours on the phone with AppleTech Support, escalated twice. Next step to Restore to Factory --Content and Data. Scheduled a callback so that I can do an iTunes backup on the computer first.

Same thing happening to others in one of my Facebook groups. One of them has already done Factory Reset, with no improvement.

Suspect--ios 13.1.2... especially since this is happening in two different devices, ipad mimi-4, and ipad 6th gen(9.7").

Oct 5, 2019 1:05 PM in response to JustPractical

Your screenshot shows you have three pages. It’s not on the other two? When it appears again, try dragging it onto the dock so it’s there on every page When it’s not there try asking Siri to open it. Siri will be able to determine if you have the app. I’ve not lost my iTunes downloaded movies. I only installed iPadOS on my new iPad Air 3 though. I refuse to install it on my Air 2! It’s 5 years old and it already didn’t like the 12.4.1. I should have stayed at 12.4

Hope you can get this resolved. Other people have fixed their iPads by resorting to drastic measures in General - reset - erase all content and settings. Which wipes the iPad. Not something I’d want to do and I wouldn’t know if it resolves your precise issue, if you did.

If you call Apple, a tech advisor can remotely go onto your iPad to see exactly what’s wrong.

Good luck!

Oct 6, 2019 9:34 PM in response to Vancouver22

I discovered last night that the “Deleting Apps — Allowed” is the one setting that is controlling whether or not Apple TV app appears. When the app is Visable there is no content in Library, even though I am signed in to iTunes. Strangely enough, the movies are deleted from “Downloaded”. They are still in iTunes available for redownload.

I just spent 3 hours on the phone with Apple tech support. Two of those hours with Remote Access trying to problem solve. Restoring, signing in, out, deleting, reinstalling... to no avail.

I am going to fully back up the iPad in iTunes on the computer so we don’t loose anything, then do a full system reset “content data and settings”. The representative is scheduled for a callback on Monday.

I suspect that this is a ios 13.1.2 glitch and not in any way my fault.

I do want to thank you so much for your help. I will post if the Restore works. Though I doubt it will, since I have 2 different models and an acquaintance with one, ALL doing the same thing.

Oct 8, 2019 7:55 AM in response to Vancouver22

Yes, when Deleting Apps—Allowed is on, and the TV app appears, I am able to delete snd re-install. However, even thought I sign into iTunes, my purchased movies don’t appear in Library. But when I go to iTunes app and open movies, they are there.

After multiple attempts at this with Apple Tech Support in Remote Access, I am convinced it is the new ios.

Apple TV icon gone in iPadOS 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.