Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Podcast App Crashing

Since updating to iOS13 my podcast app crashes every time I try to stream a podcast. Updates to 13.1.1 and 13.1.2 have not fixed the issue.

The only way I have been able to play a podcast is by first downloading an episode, navigating to downloaded episodes, then playing from there.

iPhone XR

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Oct 27, 2019 6:34 AM in response to eggfight In response to eggfight

I had the same problem but could resolve it easily (after having two weeks frustration).

Just press the Podcasts app for one long second. Now you can choose one of your podcasts. It starts playing.

Go back to your normal screen and you can open the Podcasts app normally. It will not crash anymore (at least on my phone).

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies
Question marked as Helpful

Oct 27, 2019 6:34 AM in response to eggfight In response to eggfight

I had the same problem but could resolve it easily (after having two weeks frustration).

Just press the Podcasts app for one long second. Now you can choose one of your podcasts. It starts playing.

Go back to your normal screen and you can open the Podcasts app normally. It will not crash anymore (at least on my phone).

Oct 27, 2019 6:34 AM

Reply Helpful (9)

Oct 31, 2019 12:23 AM in response to Ipadkiwi In response to Ipadkiwi

Similar issue but not resolved by above fix. App doesn’t crash but actually seems to lose connection to server and account. All podcast program icons don’t disappear and episodes can’t be accessed. At other times even downloaded episodes are not accessible or volume and other controls are lost. The other day the iPhone X on which I was listening to podcast began to get hot to the touch. None of the podcast app controls would respond and the episode continued to play. Turned the phone off and rebooted. Issue not resolved. With my limited knowledge I would suspect that this is an issue beyond the app and linked to the IOS 13.1.3 and a loss of service connectivity issue. Loses connectivity hardware works really hard to try and achieve connectivity hence over heating. Resolution thoughts?

Oct 31, 2019 12:23 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 10, 2019 10:05 AM in response to Choadie26 In response to Choadie26

I have tried these work arounds to no avail. My phone either heats up or the app closes after 2 seconds. I even removed the app and reinstalled and same result only now the app won't even open at all. I live by my podcasts! How much longer before Apple creates an update with a fix?

Nov 10, 2019 10:05 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 15, 2019 6:37 PM in response to eggfight In response to eggfight

Have the exact same problem.

The suggested workaround does not work for me because as soon as I start downloading the podcast episode the app crashes after a few seconds. The app is pretty much completely broken at this point. I've also tried to uninstall and reinstall the app but doesn't help either.

Nov 15, 2019 6:37 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 15, 2019 6:41 PM in response to BjornSt In response to BjornSt

As previously stated above the issue continues. One of the work around work. As with other posters App crashes on opening or during operation. App fails to respond when operating with volume and other controls lost. Phone just continues to heat up alarmingly so. When a podcast plays it does so it stutters and a word is skipped. Weird behaviour occurs within the app itself like just randomly returning to main library screen when trying to navigate downloaded section. I could go on and on but I think we get the gist. Apple used to have a reputation for flawless design and extremely robust resilient product and software. Not any more every time an update to IOS occurs I shudder as to what functionality will be lost with the update. Sadly the pod app is the latest in the half baked product releases.

Nov 15, 2019 6:41 PM

Reply Helpful (3)
User profile for user: eggfight

Question: Podcast App Crashing