Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pencil (1st Gen.) Annotation on PDF Files

Hello all,

I am having an issue (!) with apple pencil on pdf files. I was able to take notes on PDF files and scroll it down/up with my finger until upgrading to iOS13. After the upgrading my iPad to iOS13, when I take note or draw anything on PDF files using the pencil, the editing tool gets activated and I cannot use my finger to scroll down/up because it starts drawing line when I attempt to scroll the page. The only way to scroll the page up/down is to use two fingers or turn off the editing tool by tapping the markup icon on top-right corner every time which is very inconvenient. Is there any way to turn off drawing with finger or disable editing tool to NOT get activated when I draw with pencil?

For example, most of the professors at my college shares their presentations as PDF files, and I use my iPad to take notes on the these pdf files while listening to the professors, but editing tools gets activated right after I draw anything with pencil and I cannot scroll the page quickly unless turning off the editing tool by tapping the markup icon. MS Office has that kind of option so that you can turn on/off drawing with finger.

Thanks in advance!

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi, Cellular

Posted on Oct 4, 2019 11:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2019 1:35 PM

Hello,

This is a "feature" not a "bug". I highly encourage you to submit feedback to Apple.

Product Feedback - Apple

Similar questions

9 replies

Apple Pencil (1st Gen.) Annotation on PDF Files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.