Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 13 and Honda usb connection problem

i have a 2012 Honda Fit pre-Bluetooth. I use a built-in usb to lightning connector to plug in my iPhone XR. Since the iOS 13 release and through iOS 13.2, the skip forward button in the car will not forward to the next song. The skip back button works most times but not all times. Is anyone else having the same issues or have a fix?

I’ll probably report it as a bug.

iPhone XR

Posted on Oct 5, 2019 9:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2019 1:23 PM

We have this same exact issue with our 2012 Honda Accord. It’s rather astounding to me that Apple did not check to see if this feature works on literally millions of autos that depend on it. The suggestion that a 7 year old auto should check for a firmware update for a new problem introduced by iOS 13 is ludicrous.

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2019 1:23 PM in response to jmdsfo

We have this same exact issue with our 2012 Honda Accord. It’s rather astounding to me that Apple did not check to see if this feature works on literally millions of autos that depend on it. The suggestion that a 7 year old auto should check for a firmware update for a new problem introduced by iOS 13 is ludicrous.

Oct 7, 2019 1:06 PM in response to jmdsfo

Hello jmdsfo,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand from the information you provided that your iPhone is now working as expected with your car stereo; I'd like to help.

The following support article provides some troubleshooting steps to try for this behavior:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod doesn't connect to or work in your car

Specifically, check out the section labeled "If you connect using USB playback"

Hope this helps.

Best Regards.

Nov 15, 2019 9:35 PM in response to Hazelnut Hound

Another 2010 Honda Fit driver here with the same problem. iPhone 11, iOS 13, car will not recognize the phone when plugged into the USB port. Hard resetting the phone does not help. There don't seem to be any firmware updates available for the car. I'll probably end up buying a lighting bolt to 3.5mm aux cable, but I would much rather use the USB port.

IOS 13 and Honda usb connection problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.