Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I review the Release Notes for Apps requiring updating in iOS 13.x?

Prior to iOS 13.x / iPadOS 13.x, you could see a list of apps requiring updates and check out the release notes for those apps prior to updating them. How can I accomplish this in iOS 13.x and iPadOS 13.x?

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi

Posted on Oct 5, 2019 2:29 PM

4 replies

Oct 7, 2019 3:36 PM in response to JRK Apple Discuss

Hello JRK Apple Discuss,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with updating apps, and reviewing the release notes. The process has changed slightly, and can now be fond in the following help article: Update apps or use automatic downloads - Apple Support

"How to manually update apps on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Open the App Store. If you're using iOS 12 or earlier, tap Today at the bottom of the screen.
  2. Tap your profile icon at the top of the screen.
  3. Scroll down to see pending updates and release notes. Tap Update next to an app to update only that app, or tap Update All."

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Oct 9, 2019 1:45 PM in response to JRK Apple Discuss

Hello JRK Apple Discuss,

Thanks for replying back. Are you unable to see the release notes when you navigate in iOS 13 as described in the following article? Step 3. shows it should be here: "Scroll down to see pending updates and release notes."

Update apps or use automatic downloads - Apple Support

"How to manually update apps on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Open the App Store.
  2. Tap your profile icon at the top of the screen.
  3. Scroll down to see pending updates and release notes. Tap Update next to an app to update only that app, or tap Update All."

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Oct 13, 2019 3:14 PM in response to MoonJ.

I was not able to see anything past the "Update All" option.

I discovered the problem was a bad upgrade from iOS 12.x to iPadOS 13. The state of my iPad would not show any option below the 'Update All' line and would not scroll.

I had to completely wipe my iPad, then restore iPadOS directly as iPadOS 13.x.

I can now see the list of apps requiring updates and I am able to read their release notes.

This problem required about 10 hrs to track down and fix, but at least I now have a resolution.

Thanks for your feedback.

How can I review the Release Notes for Apps requiring updating in iOS 13.x?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.