Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some photos from iCloud Photos after backup mysteriously disappeared...

Hello!

I bought an iPhone XS a month ago. On my old iPhone I made an iCloud Backup, then I deleted everything and gave my old iPhone to my mom (i don't use that phone anymore).

After checking in iCloud Photos on my Mac it was really like that - absolutely every photo was on. On my new iPhone XS I chose the option "Restore from iCloud", all apps were restored, but unfortunately not all photos and videos. I noticed this a few weeks later when I was looking for something. I was shocked that they were not downloaded from iCloud Backup (or uploaded at all). 30-40 files (videos and photos) were not restored in a mysterious way. I tried repeatedly to restore them somehow, but I failed.

I didn't delete them, they just disappeared mysteriously after I backed up to iCloud. I tried repeatedly... Please tell me how to recover those 30-40 files that have disappeared ... (e.g. IMG_0058.HEIC and the next photo is IMG_0080.HEIC, IMG_0088.HEIC..????) I am very surprised because I made an iCloud backup and it was successful. However, after downloading the files from iCloud Backup, some were missing. These 30-40 photos are also not available on iCloud Photos on Mac now. I do not know why. I am very sad because these were photos and videos from a long-awaited concert.

And please don't tell me I deleted them. I was at a concert of world-famous star, for which I paid a lot of money. The shots have emotional value for me. Can I see the iCloud Photos upload history somehow? Please help me.

I am very angry and sad...

iPhone XS

Posted on Oct 5, 2019 2:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2019 7:13 PM

After checking in iCloud Photos on my Mac it was really like that - absolutely every photo was on.

This suggests that you were using the iCloud Photo Library. Meaning that your photos were never in any iCloud Backup and wouldn't have been restored from an iCloud Backup.

If these photos were visible on your Mac, they should also be visible on iCloud.com in your photos app there.

If deleted from either spot within the last 30 days, they should be visible in the Recently Deleted Items album.

Sorry to say... if they were on your Mac and now they are not, they were deleted.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2019 7:13 PM in response to eddy_vienna

After checking in iCloud Photos on my Mac it was really like that - absolutely every photo was on.

This suggests that you were using the iCloud Photo Library. Meaning that your photos were never in any iCloud Backup and wouldn't have been restored from an iCloud Backup.

If these photos were visible on your Mac, they should also be visible on iCloud.com in your photos app there.

If deleted from either spot within the last 30 days, they should be visible in the Recently Deleted Items album.

Sorry to say... if they were on your Mac and now they are not, they were deleted.

Some photos from iCloud Photos after backup mysteriously disappeared...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.