Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find My not working for me since last iOS update but works for others.

My wife can use Find My to locate me, but I always get "No Location" when I try to find her. We have always shared our locations but it has stopped working for me since the last update. We are both on iOS 13.1.2 and I have an XS while she has an 11 Pro.

iPhone XS

Posted on Oct 6, 2019 2:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2019 3:11 PM

Check this support document and see if everything is setup correctly for it, Set up Find My on your iPhone and other devices - Apple Support

If you set up Family Sharing, I'm not sure if both will work, but it is worth a try. I've never experienced a problem with a disconnect with Find My Friends, and it is still working with the new Find My. My last recommendation would be to remove her from the People section and then invite her again and see if that works.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2019 3:11 PM in response to KentGoldings

Check this support document and see if everything is setup correctly for it, Set up Find My on your iPhone and other devices - Apple Support

If you set up Family Sharing, I'm not sure if both will work, but it is worth a try. I've never experienced a problem with a disconnect with Find My Friends, and it is still working with the new Find My. My last recommendation would be to remove her from the People section and then invite her again and see if that works.

Oct 6, 2019 2:58 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Yes, under People. We have always used Find My Friends to find each other, with never a problem before. Her phone is set up the same as mine, with all the same sharing options and location services etc.

Her name shows up under People, like always.

We set up Family Sharing, so I can look under Devices and find her phone, but under People she just says "No location found".

We have both restarted our phones several times. It's a mystery.

Find My not working for me since last iOS update but works for others.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.