Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes disappeared when moving into new folder

So I have an iPhone 7 running iOS 13.1.1. I’ve never organized my notes before and wanted to do that this afternoon. But not being familiar with how to create new folders and then move individual notes into them, apparently I tried to move all my notes into a newly created folder. Well when I did that the notes app crashed and now 1/2-2/3 of my most recent notes are gone. I have iCloud off and had the notes were “on my iPhone” account, is there any hope of recovering my missing notes?

Posted on Oct 6, 2019 2:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2019 3:15 PM

Ouch! Unfortunately, now is the worse time to discover you should be backing up on a regular basis, especially when you are doing things only on the iPhone. I'll bet that using Notes in iCloud is sounding better. They can generally be restored from there much easier. iCloud will backup your device daily if you set it up and you connect to wi-fi, connect to power overnight. Out of sight, out of mind. Then the worse that can generally happen is less that a day's work lost.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2019 3:15 PM in response to Just-moi

Ouch! Unfortunately, now is the worse time to discover you should be backing up on a regular basis, especially when you are doing things only on the iPhone. I'll bet that using Notes in iCloud is sounding better. They can generally be restored from there much easier. iCloud will backup your device daily if you set it up and you connect to wi-fi, connect to power overnight. Out of sight, out of mind. Then the worse that can generally happen is less that a day's work lost.

Notes disappeared when moving into new folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.