Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google Drive disappeared from Files app

Afte the recent iOS 13.1.2 update I can't see my Google Drive inside the Files app any longer, and I don't know how to bring it back. I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion about how to fix this. Thank you!

iPhone XR

Posted on Oct 7, 2019 12:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2019 3:02 AM

Simply Download Google Drive from App store. That's it.

Use third-party apps in Files

The Files app lets you add your third-party cloud services — like Box, Dropbox, OneDrive, Adobe Creative Cloud, Google Drive, and more — so that you can access all of your files on all of your devices. The files you keep in iCloud Drive automatically appear in the Files app, but you need to set up your other cloud services to access them in the Files app too.

Add third-party apps

1. Download and set up the third-party cloud app.
  2. Open the Files app.
  3. Tap the Browse tab.
  4. Tap More  > Edit.
  5. Turn on the third-party apps that you want to use in the Files app. 
  6. Tap Done.

On iOS 12 or earlier, open the Files app then tap Locations > Edit to add third-party apps.

If you don't see one of your third-party cloud services in the Files app, check with your cloud provider.

Move third-party cloud files

1. Open the file that you want to move.
  2. Tap Share  > Copy.
  3. Open the folder where you want to move your file.
  4. Firmly press the screen.
  5. Tap Paste.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2019 3:02 AM in response to Felix Leiter

Simply Download Google Drive from App store. That's it.

Use third-party apps in Files

The Files app lets you add your third-party cloud services — like Box, Dropbox, OneDrive, Adobe Creative Cloud, Google Drive, and more — so that you can access all of your files on all of your devices. The files you keep in iCloud Drive automatically appear in the Files app, but you need to set up your other cloud services to access them in the Files app too.

Add third-party apps

1. Download and set up the third-party cloud app.
  2. Open the Files app.
  3. Tap the Browse tab.
  4. Tap More  > Edit.
  5. Turn on the third-party apps that you want to use in the Files app. 
  6. Tap Done.

On iOS 12 or earlier, open the Files app then tap Locations > Edit to add third-party apps.

If you don't see one of your third-party cloud services in the Files app, check with your cloud provider.

Move third-party cloud files

1. Open the file that you want to move.
  2. Tap Share  > Copy.
  3. Open the folder where you want to move your file.
  4. Firmly press the screen.
  5. Tap Paste.

Google Drive disappeared from Files app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.