Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 13.1.2 stops me sending mail

ios 13.2.1 installed last night and I cannot now send mail. Very inconvenient. I don’t know how to fix and I’m too busy for this

Posted on Oct 7, 2019 5:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2019 6:43 AM

My configuration: iPhone XR, iOS 13.1.2, Gmail address, SMTP parameters equal to yours (server port's value is 465). On my iPhone, Mail app is working fine.

Have you already tried a forced restart of your device? :--> Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

Have you checked your account on a computer, opening the Gmail app? is it okay?

The only other thing that comes to my mind is to delete that account on iPhone, restart your device, then add that account back again.

Regards

Giulio

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2019 6:43 AM in response to peteholdaway

My configuration: iPhone XR, iOS 13.1.2, Gmail address, SMTP parameters equal to yours (server port's value is 465). On my iPhone, Mail app is working fine.

Have you already tried a forced restart of your device? :--> Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

Have you checked your account on a computer, opening the Gmail app? is it okay?

The only other thing that comes to my mind is to delete that account on iPhone, restart your device, then add that account back again.

Regards

Giulio

Oct 7, 2019 6:28 AM in response to ProustGiulio

You are correct, apologies for typo.

When I try to send email I get a message that I need to add my SMTP setting. I have no idea what that should be or where to find out. My email is by gmail and my iPhone set up the settings originally.

I did look in settings and there is an item "Gmail SMTP Server". It is set to On and looking at detail there is Host Name = Gmail SMTP Server then Username and also Password which are "Optional". It also says Used SSL, the switch is on, there is a value for Authentication and a value for Server Port. I have no idea what I should enter; I have an iPhone because I expect it to do this for me.

iOS 13.1.2 stops me sending mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.