Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gmail app stuck after receiving message "Try notifications for only your high priority emails".

A few weeks ago my Gmail app showed a message (in the Primary tab) saying "Try notifications for only your high priority emails". Without me doing anything the app then displayed the error message "Oops! An error occured. Latest changes may not have been saved". If I press OK the error message returns after just a second. I do not longer get any notifications, cannot access any emails on the Iphone or use the app at all. I haven't found any settings on my Iphone 5S that I can change. What to do? Grateful for any help.

iPhone 5s

Posted on Oct 7, 2019 7:22 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Oct 7, 2019 8:14 AM in response to Saifan Pilot

Hi!

Here's an update:

As I have had the problem for some time I have both closed the app, restarted the phone and updated the Gmail app.

I have also checked all settings including notifications settings according to information from Google support (https://support.google.com/mail/answer/1075549?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=iOS). This wasn't quite easy as there's just a fraction of a second of time to do anything before the error message returns. But with a little practice I managed (quick enough in 1 out of 5-10 times). Doing so might have changed something because now the phone makes sounds. Once I have managed to scroll a bit down in the Primary tab I can actually read eamils and it is possible that they were actually there all along, just not visible because I couldn't get passed the error message. The remaining problem is that when I scroll back up or get a new email the message "Try notifications for .." klings the very top of the Primary tab and triggers the error message "Oops! An error occured. Latest changes may not have been saved" which just just won't go away.

Oct 10, 2019 3:30 AM in response to kennert176

Another update:

I guess this was probably a question for the google community. The problem with the ever returning error message or rather error dialog box "Oops, something went wrong - Recent changes may not have been saved." seemed to spread during spring 2019 and is discussed at for instance https://support.google.com/mail/thread/2321955?hl=en. I find it a bit difficult to understand if any solutions was really found.

Anyway. Having had the problem for month or so I decided to finally deal with it. As I was sure all settings were correct my plan was to try to get rid of the message causing the problem and klinging to the top of the Primary tab. But I cannot figure out how and maybe it is automatic anyway. But, suddenly, it just disappeared. Without me doing anything! Weird. Maybe it had been there at the top of the tab for a long enough time and had to make room for another important message?

In any case, the problem is gone.

Greetings!

Gmail app stuck after receiving message "Try notifications for only your high priority emails".

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.