Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 freezing after IOS 12.4.2 update

My iPhone 6 keeps freezing for about 30 seconds, works again normally, and then freezes again. This is happening with all apps including Settings. It also happens when I try to do a soft restart and won't let me slide the power button off. I've tried hard shutdowns and restarts multiple times and it's still not working. Any advice? Thanks.

iPhone 6

Posted on Oct 7, 2019 12:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2019 10:02 PM

My iPhone 6 keeps freezing for about 30 seconds, works again normally, and then freezes again. This is happening with all apps including Settings. It also happens when I try to do a soft restart and won't let me slide the power button off. I've tried hard shutdowns and restarts multiple times and it's still not working. Any advice? Thanks.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2019 10:02 PM in response to Ahouge13

Oct 9, 2019 6:59 AM in response to Ahouge13

Hey, Ahouge13.

I see that your iPhone 6 stops responding since updating to iOS 12.4.2. It's happening with all applications, Settings included, and I'm glad to help.

Force restart iPhone -- When your iPhone stops responding, use a force restart to get it working again.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch -- If a forced restart didn't resolve the issue, please be sure to have a fresh backup to keep your personal information safe.

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- When an application isn't working as expected, a good step is deleting and reinstalling the app. Since you can't delete the operating system on your iPhone, I'd like for you to reinstall iOS. The section titled "Put your device in recovery mode and set it up again" will walk you through all the steps to reinstall iOS software on your device. See if your iPhone 6 responds better.

Let me know how that goes, and take care!

Oct 11, 2019 8:44 PM in response to Ahouge13

Yes. I think it has something to do with the WiFi. My phone has no issues when I turn my WiFi off. I think the update somehow did something to the WiFi, and it's causing the whole phone to freeze. That's just my thought. Apple needs to fix this though. I shouldn't have to turn my WiFi off to use my phone. That defeats the purpose of WiFi. Apple, let's get this fixed.

iPhone 6 freezing after IOS 12.4.2 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.