Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro X 10.4.7 menu corruption

I just upgraded from 10.4.6 to 10.4.7 and once the application started, the drop down menus were corrupted. A reboot cleared this issue, but once FCPX is run, the corruption happens. I will try to post an image. My system is:

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,3

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 6 MB

Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled

Memory: 16 GB

Video Chipset Model: Intel Iris Pro

Type: GPU

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 1536 MB

Vendor: Intel

Device ID: 0x0d26

Revision ID: 0x0008

Automatic Graphics Switching: Supported

gMux Version: 4.0.8 [3.2.8]

Metal: Supported, feature set macOS GPUFamily1 v4

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Oct 7, 2019 2:47 PM

Similar questions

17 replies

Oct 10, 2019 6:13 AM in response to Flyingsilo

I thought I'd give a brief update on my system(s). In addition to my MacBook pro, I have an iMac. Knowing the above issue and Jame's solution, I installed Catalina on both machines. After a successful installation on both machines, the menu issue still exists on the MBP but wasn't on the iMac. In other words, on the iMac, I don't have to operate with "Reduce transparency" disabled.

Oct 23, 2019 7:57 PM in response to Flyingsilo

Unchecking "Reduced Transparency" in Accessibility worked for me ...

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,3

Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 2.5 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 6 MB

Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled

Memory: 16 GB

Boot ROM Version: 157.0.0.0.0

Nov 18, 2019 5:46 AM in response to James Cude

Thank you James!!

Your solution worked for my MacBook Pro, too.

Final Cut Pro seemed to work as expected until I attempted to use the menu bar at the top of the screen. Clicking on File, Edit, Trim or any of these selections caused Final Cut to immediately lock up and after a couple of seconds the entire OS would crash and I'd see a message in many languages stating to press any key for the system to reboot. I rebooted many times, reinstalled FCPX, cleared the preferences, etc. and none of that worked. I would constantly experience FCPX and Mac OS lock up and crash. It was horrible. I was grateful that I didn't have any clients waiting for their videos. Trying to resolve this issue ate up a good part of my Sunday. I probably have a few more grey hairs, too.

Unchecking the transparency check box fix seems to have worked. I can now click on those menu items and I see the drop-down menu open instead of the entire computer locking up.

Thank you very much for the tip. I never would have dreamed that the issue was with Accessibility. I never go into those settings.

Let's hope Apple fixes this bad error. I thought like many others and began to wonder if my expensive laptop was dying on me.

Thanks again.

Final Cut Pro X 10.4.7 menu corruption

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.